Mindfulness 8-weeks course
At BLOOM we offer you several options for Mindfulness since everybody’s wishes and needs are different. You might have a busy agenda or prefer an individual approach. Before you choose what fits your needs, we are very willing to help you to make the right choice, so just contact us!
The different Mindful tastes we have are:
- Individual sessions
- 1-evening workshop
- 4-weeks introduction
- 8-weeks MBSR course (Mindfulness Based Stress Reduction)
This page contains information about the 8-weeks MBSR course. Click on the links above for the other options.
Mindfulness course – 8 evening sessions
Who is this course meant for?
This course is useful for everyone who wants to have a bit more quality of life. People with stress-related complaints (including worry), anxiety, depression (including negative thinking), lethargy and (chronic) pain will especially benefit from this course.
The effect of the mindfulness course
It develops awareness, reduces anxiety and stress, stimulates contact with body and mind, boosts confidence and self-awareness, helps with discovering and changing “ingrained patterns”, improves concentration and is soothing and relaxing.
Mindfulness training is also known as perception training or awareness training. Perception brings you back into the moment – the here and now. The techniques help you to become aware of your thoughts, feelings and “ingrained patterns” so that you can then knowingly choose to break through these so that you can focus your attention on “real life”.
The MBSR is a highly participatory course. During the classes you will be guided through meditation practices and exercises as well as have an opportunity to share your experience or discuss difficulties if you wish to. Research has shown that positive results from the program depends largely on whether a participant does the home practice. It is an integral and essential part of the course and is intended to help you establish your own regular meditation practice. You will be asked to practice daily home assignments for 30-60 minutes a day.
There will be a short (about half an hour) pre-course phone interview with the teacher to give each participant an opportunity to privately ask questions and discuss any concerns that may affect their participation. This interview also helps the teacher to better support each individual.
The structure of the course
Eight consecutive weekly meetings (excluding school holidays) in the evening from 19:30 until 21:30.
The maximum number of participants per course is 10 people.
We have one English and two Dutch courses planned in 2018.
- Tuesday evening August 28 we’ll start the Dutch course. The evenings are from 19:30 until 21:30
- Dates are: August 28 and September 4, 10 (Monday), 18 & 25 and October 2, 10 (Wednesday) & 16
- Silent morning on Sunday morning October 14, 9:30 until 13:30
- Wednesday evening September 19 we’ll start the English course. This course fully booked.
- Thursday evenings October 4 we’ll start the English course. The evenings are from 19:30 until 21:30
- Dates are: October 4, 11 & 25 and November 1, 8, 15, 22 & 29
- Silent morning on Sunday morning November 18, 9:00 until 13:00
- Tuesday evening October 23 we’ll start the Dutch course. The evenings are from 19:30 until 21:30
- Dates are: October 23 & 30 and November 6, 13, 20 & 27 and December 4 & 11
- Silent morning on Sunday morning December 9, 9:30 – 13:30
The cost of this course is € 475,-. This price includes a book and meditation exercises.
You may spread the cost of the fee into 3 payments of € 175,- (including administration costs).
Registration and more information
If you wish to receive more information, please complete the form below