De-stress head, jaws & face muscles workshop (TMD)
What is TMD?
TMD involves the jaw joints, the temporomandibular joints (TMJ), which are located on each side of your head. These joints work with your muscles, ligaments, discs and bones, enabling you to speak, chew and yawn. Temporomandibular dsorders (TMD) occur when your TMJs aren’t working properly.
Take a deep breath and move your finger tips from the tip of your chin towards your ears, tracing your jaws reaching towards your jaw joints, located closer to the ears. Continue moving your finger tips with medium pressure towards your temples. How does it feel?
Who is this workshop meant for?
Do you feel that you are having soar jaw muscles and/or painful jaw joints? Do you get headaches? Do you get pain and feel stiffness in the neck and shoulder? Do you notice that you grind or clench your teeth? Or do you just feel its really nice and pleasant to massage and feel these muscles?
Take another deep breath and a moment to feel these muscles and joints. Notice if you are holding any tension there…
How would the TMD workshop help you?
- Cure and/or prevent disorder
- Get a relief from the headaches and shoulder & neck aches
- Get aware of and reduce the causes of your tension
- Enhance your breathing and nourishes your senses
- Prevent sinus irritation and infection
- Rejuvenate your face muscles and skin adding a glow to your face
What will you learn?
- Gaining awareness of the jaw muscles & joints and the tension it carries which effects the tension on our body
- How to prevent and reduce disorder and symptoms
- How to exercise these joints and muscles. (practical)
- How to massage and relax (TM) joints and related muscles. (practical)
- How to give yourself a TMD treatment. (practical)
Content of the workshop
The workshop consists of three sessions which you can also attend separately. During the sessions we will provide you with theoretic knowledge, but 80% of the content is practical work.
- Exercise session: In one session we will learn about all the physical exercises we can do and which muscles we need to stretch, relax and/or strengthen.
- Massage session: In this session we will cover the massage. You will practice on each other, with my supervision and help. Exchanges among workshop participants is advised and facilitated.
- Self massage and care is the last session. You will learn how to to give yourself a TMD treatment.
It is recommended to follow the 3 session to complete the content of the workshop for a better understanding of the disorder and better results.
The dates have not been set yet. If you would like stay informed about new dates or receive more information, please complete the form below.