Breastfeeding information meeting
Preparation for breastfeeding during pregnancy increases the likelihood of a relaxed and comfortable start in life for your new family. If both parents know how to interpret the baby’s behavior it is easier to respond adequately. And by early recognition and response to breastfeeding problems you can prevent stress.
This two hour session will provide insight into the process of giving breastfeeding. Attending creates confidence and is a good preparation for the breastfeeding period. The basics of breastfeeding are covered, with special attention to the role of the father. Of course there is ample room for all your questions.
We will cover the following subjects:
- Breastfeeding, how does it work
- Good latch on of the baby
- The role of the partner and the environment
- Different feeding positions
- How to recognize feeding signals
- Milk production – How do you make sure that the milk gets going and continues
- How often and how long do you breastfeed
- Feeding on demand or schedule
- How do you know that the baby is getting enough nutrition
- When do you need additional help
- Breastfeeding and work
You will receive a practical Breastfeeding guide and several handouts.
The teacher is Ria Wiertz, Lactation Consultant IBCLC (International Board Certified Lactation Consultant).
The cost is € 45,00 if you come alone and € 60,00 if you come together with your partner
Date & time
The meeting takes place on Saturdays between 14:00 and 16:00. You can choose between the following dates:
- September 1
- October 20
- December 8
Subscription & more information
If you would like to subscribe or receive more information, please complete the form below.